In the event of school closure or pupils not being in school we aim to:
- Establish clear guidelines and expectations for remote learning, including schedules for virtual classes and deadlines for assignments.
- Ensure that students have access to the necessary technology and resources to participate in remote learning, such as laptops or tablets and reliable internet connections.
- Provide training and support for teachers to effectively deliver remote instruction and engage students in virtual classrooms.
- Develop a system for monitoring student participation and progress in remote learning, and provide additional support and resources for students who are struggling.
- Communicate regularly with parents and guardians about the school’s remote education policy, including updates on schedules, expectations, and student progress.
- Consider the unique needs of students with disabilities, English language learners, and other vulnerable populations, and provide additional support and resources to ensure that they have equal access to remote learning opportunities.
- Review and revise the remote education policy as needed to ensure that it is effective and responsive to the needs of students and teachers.
Lower School – Managed by Mr M Richmond
All families/carers have been set up with access to Class Dojo. This is used regularly to engage with our community anyway, but where needed, work is published on this platform for absent pupils.
Upper School – Managed by Mr J Birch
All pupils and their families/carers have been set up with access to Google Classroom. Where needed work is published on this platform for absent pupils
Being a small school with a wide range of need, we will discuss directly with parents / carers and form bespoke plans when needed to meet their specific requirements (where possible).
Should you require further information, please contact the school on 0121 748 9760 or email@example.com